Step 1: Pick a topic “Definitions of pain” in this instance. Design a “Blendspace” or use one already designed. (The information included should present the main points in a variety of ways e.g word document, You tube clip, newspaper article, PowerPoint to provide a choice for students about how they explore the information and the depth to which they want to explore it; differentiation and stretch and challenge).
Step 2: Put Blendspace link on Moodle and ask students to read it and make notes to bring to the lesson.
Step 3: In class, Kahoot! quiz on definitions of pain completed in pairs on phones. Check notes have been made. Group work using case studies to explore understanding.
- Most students read and took notes on the content of Blendspace and brought the notes to the lessons.
- Kahoot! quiz checked understanding and introduced key terms to students who did not do the homework.
- Students liked the way the information was presented in the Blendspace.
- Students can access Blendspace and information on their phones if no access to computer at home.
- Using off the shelf Blendspace and Kahoot! resources saves planning and preparation time.